Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The post-flu submission

Yes, I was enraptured by the monsterous flu bug that's been terrorizing cubicled wokplaces across the country. Or so I'm told. Anyway, I got it, it sucked, I passed out, I went to the ER, I waited, I waited some more, and 48 hours later, boom! Here's today's post.

*It's been much too long since I last gave the US Women's National Team some love. So right off the bat, I'm happy to mention that they thrashed China like a Vincent Gallo movie, 4-0 in the opening match of this year's Algarve Tournament. Linsday Tarpley chipped in the first goal after only five minutes, and Tobin Heath scored her very first WNT goal only two minutes into the second half. From there, the usual cast of characters - Abby Wambach (64') and last year's tournament MVP Carli Lloyd (69') scored the final two goals en route to the win.

*The MLS Waiver Draft commenced this afternoon at 3 o'clock. One can ascertain that because there are no announcements on the Revs website, they declined to claim anyone. Now, if you're at all familiar with the club, this is pretty much par for the course. But looking at the list of names available, would it have hurt to taken a look at Ricardo Virtuoso? I mean, I can't be the only one with a man crush on the Brazilian formerly of Columbus? Yeah, so he's only tallied a goal in 18 matches before Columbus gave up on him. He's still only 24. He was a Brazilian U-17 midfielder, and oh, btw, he plays on the left. Oh wait a minute, I forgot. We have Khano Smith. My bad. How could I forget?

*Lastly, my flu medication is starting to wear off, and I'm becoming irritable, so I'll make this short. If you're like me, you still wonder what happened to former New England Tea Men midfielder King Keita. Well, here's his son.

Damn...

No comments: